Sunday, September 30, 2007

A great conclusion to a great series. - Return of the Jedi Reviews

This is probably the best climax for a movie I've ever seen. It kills Return of the King by a longshot. I have to say though, I had to give it an A instead of an A+ for a couple of reasons. 1. I find it hard to believe that the Empire could build a new Death Star in the short time between Empire Strikes Back and the start of this movie. 2. The acting was good, but the lightsaber duel at the end is supposed to be the ultimate lightsaber duel, but compared to some of the lightsaber duels in the Prequels, this one is definately second best. 3. The visuals aren't as stunning as the ones in Revenge of the Sith. Not at all. Even though they made some visuals better in recent re-releases, they still just aren't as good as the ones in the prequels. These are most of the reasons that brought this movie down. I did like the very end, though, with the celebration on all the different planets. The ewoks were branded into the storyline, which I liked. They rimind me much of the Gungans from The Phantom Menace. Plus, in the new DVD Trilogy set, when Luke looks at the ghosts of Obi-wan, yoda, and Anakin at the very end, look for a new surprise that will have you smiling and thinking of the prequels.

No comments: